The reigning Champions of the English Twenty20 Cup, Middlesex Panthers, are to play the 2008 Indian Premier League (IPL) Champions, the Rajasthan Royals (RR), in a Twenty20 match for the British Asian Trust, one of the Prince of Wales’ charities. The match will take place at 4:30pm on 6th July 2009 at Lord’s.
There is a range of ticket incentives for spectators:
Adult tickets are available for only £10 to those booking before the 12th June
Families booking two adults and one under 16 ticket will get another under 16 ticket free. Combined with the early booking discount, that is only £25 for a family of four when booked before the 12th June. For schools and cricket clubs that purchase tickets -For every eight children’s tickets purchased, one adult ticket will be included free.
- Match commences at 4:30pm BST on Monday 6th July 2009
- Middlesex Panthers (captain: Shaun Udal) will face the Rajasthan Royals (captain: Shane Warne)
- Ticket prices are £20 for adults, £5 for under 16s.
- Book early and receive a 50% discount: those booking before 12th June can buy adult tickets at only £10
- The match will include a half-time Bollywood Extravaganza with Shilpa Shetty.
- Tickets will be on sale from Tuesday 2nd June through the Lord’s ticket office on 020 7432 1000 and online at http://ticketsales.lords.org/. Tickets will also be available at Lord’s Cricket Ground from 22nd June.
- For corporate bookings, please contact the MCC Hospitality team on 020 7616 8598 or email email@example.com
- For school or cricket club bookings, please contact the Lord’s ticket office on 020 7432 1000.
Squad Lists (to be confirmed, and subject to international commitments):
Shaun Udal (c)
Shane Warne (c)
The day will bring the ‘glamour of Bollywood’ to The Home of Cricket in a celebration of the best of the Indian and English games. With the pick of Bollywood entertainment, the finest Indian and English cuisine and, of course, the best Twenty20 cricket from two teams that dominated their leagues last year, this is a must-see event. The first match in the UK to feature an IPL team is a great opportunity for British cricket fans to get a taste of the IPL excitement – cheerleaders included! It is also a chance for new cricket fans to come to Lord’s and see top players such as Shane Warne, Graeme Smith, Yusuf Pathan, Munaf Patel, Tyron Henderson and Owais Shah in action.
Shilpa Shetty, the most recent addition to the ownership group of the Rajasthan Royals said: “I am looking forward to seeing the Rajasthan Royals play in London. After the great reception we had in South Africa, I’m sure the British crowds will come out to support the Royals. To play the game at Lord’s will make it extra special, and the UK is a country dear to my heart”.
Shane Warne, Captain and Coach of the Rajasthan Royals said: “There is no better place for a cricketer to play than Lord’s, and to get to play the reigning English Champions after the cancellation of last year’s Champions League is a great opportunity for the team.”
Shaun Udal, Middlesex Captain said: “Some of our players have experienced the IPL first hand, and this is a great opportunity for all of the guys who missed out on the Champions League, due to last year’s terrorist attack in Mumbai.”
The organisers hope the combination of these stars, and a Bollywood extravaganza with Shilpa Shetty between innings, will attract not just members of London’s large Asian population but also families and schools to come to The Home of Cricket and see the ground transformed for this historic match.